We are supporting USPG and their Malawi project again during November. These are some of the highlights of recent work there:
- 1,006 girls have been directly supported with their education through the programme, out of which 854 have received learning materials.
- 7,710 trees have been planted around community small holdings to reduce soil erosion and provide fruit, and 84% of households participated in environmental training and campaigns.
- 4,944 people have had their livelihoods improved through the development of their small holdings. 96% participated in training on business management and are using their acquired skills.
- 88% of participants in the livelihoods programme have had an increase in farm produce and 74% have had an increase in food security.
- Uptake of Voluntary Counselling and Testing services for HIV has increased to 94%, compared to 72% in the first few years of the programme.
If you would like to make a donation you can do that at www.uspg.org.uk/donate. You will be able to specify that this is for the Partners in Mission programme in Malawi, and can also state that you are a member of Christ Church Bath. This will enable them to collate all our donations and let us know the annual total of our gifts.
If you would like to read their half yearly report in full, you can do so here.