Updated 30th July 2021
With the easing of restrictions, the Church of England has updated its guidelines and Christ Church has decided to proceed as follows for the time being:
- We will maintain social distancing, continuing to use alternate pews and the one way system.
- We will continue to register people at Christ Church or to events in Lower Mews in case of a possible outbreak.
- We will continue to administer Communion in one kind only.
- We will encourage people to wear masks but we will not insist.
- The choir will return but will remain distanced.
- The congregation is now permitted to sing. It would show care for others if the congregation were to agree to sing masked. The choir and priest in charge will lead by example on this.
- Coffee after the 10am Sunday service will be provided in Lower Mews to avoid crowding at the West End of church. Coffee after the service on Thursdays will be in church since it involves only a small number of people.
- For those who are concerned about the health risks of congregational singing we will not sing at the 11am Thursday Eucharist or the 8am BCP Communion, which will restart on August 8th.
Sunday 10am services will also continue to be streamed online for those who can't be there in person.
The church will remain open for private prayer on Wednesday afternoons from 2 - 4pm for anyone local who may want to drop in.